WordPress Courses in London
This aim of such WordPress courses in London is to give you a working knowledge of the tools, resources and data sources to build, customise, manage and improve results from your website through the use of the WordPress dashboard or control panel. You will know how to add and customise a premium theme, add and configure plugins, placing content in pages, posts and widget areas (side bars or footer). Discover how to optimise each page to appear high in search engine result pages (SERPS).
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those experienced in using computers at a basic level including having a Facebook or a Twitter account. You may be a marketing consultant, entrepreneur, student, fashion stylist, in between jobs or even a business consultant who needs to help to build your own website or learn enough about WordPress to recommend various themes or plugins to your clients.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of one these WordPress courses in London, you will be able to:
- Build and launch your own website
- Customise your website layout with a few clicks
- Add social media widgets, icons, tables, maps, images and videos
- Learn about the use of different security, SEO and analytics plugins
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- WordPress courses in London
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Domain configuration, web hosting and getting started with WordPress
- Going over terms and examples e.g. themes, plugins, widgets, SEO, SERPs
Your own website
- Accessing your website
- Navigating the dashboard/ control panel
- Understanding the basics
WordPress Content Management
- Format posts and pages (their difference)
- Categorising and tagging posts (approving comments)
- Customising individual pages without writing code
- Creating customised navigational menus
- Adding and positioning your logo, tagline and favicon
- Adding links (internal or external)
- Inserting and embedding images and videos
- Creating dynamic forms and tables (complete customisation)
- Editing images (cropping, resizing and alignment)
- Configuring permalinks, media storage settings, creating users
- Advice on choosing your ideal website layout or theme
- Learn to identify a good quality theme
- Customise themes above and beyond to suit your needs
- Theme frameworks including child themes
Customising your website
- Overview of plugins and widgets
- How to install plugins on posts, pages and widget areas
- Essential plugins and what they help you achieve
Search Engine optimisation
- How to ensure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Using SEO plugins & themes to optimise content
- Tagging and categorising post content
- Optimise images and videos
- Adding social share functionalities via plugins
- Adding newsletter and contact forms
- How to create customisable forms (including payment options)
- Integrate content with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn
After the course you will
- Have a functional WordPress website
- Be able to use WordPress to customise and manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Further grow your own site(s)
What level of support can I expect?
Once the WordPress courses in London is complete, you can expect to receive troubleshooting support (up to a month) via email. Please note that this does not include any support relating to writing code to customise your website.
Luckywebs founder Rafi Akbar have taught over 250 individuals on how to customise their websites via WordPress via workshops, courses and one-on-one lessons. Rafi gained considerable working knowledge and experience by working in the following online sectors: Affiliate marketing, online mapping, web analytics, social media and email branding and has a lot to offer.
BOOK YOUR PLACE
After going over all the relevant information if you are ready to take the next step and learn how to build, customise and manage your website and receive 2 years web hosting, 2 separate training sessions and email support (up to a month), book your place for one of these WordPress courses in London.