The free WordPress course takes place once a month. Scroll down to complete a form specific to each month.
Complete the form to apply.
If you have a budget of £5 per month to sign up to a web hosting* package. Then you’ll get a free domain and a premium theme worth £60.
Perfect for beginners & amateurs.
Free courses take place at Google campus, City Business library, Kensington Central Library, Paddington Library among other venues. These are great sessions to attend to see the power of WordPress and to help you decide if this is the right CMS for you to build and manage your website. There are so many ways to build and manage your website – WordPress is right there at the top for individuals, startups and established companies. I also run a short one day WordPress course where you actually build your website on the same day rather than coming in to attend one of my talks.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants in the WordPress Course by Luckywebs must be 18 or over.
2. An application by you for attendance to the WordPress Course by completing the online entry process will be subject to acceptance by Luckywebs. Luckywebs reserves the right to refuse an application for attendance.
3. This course takes place once a month and is available to sign up on this page as it is updated each month. Luckywebs reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date in the WordPress Course in the event there are insufficient applicants.
4. Successful applicants will be contacted by phone and email after they sign up and will be required to confirm their attendance in writing after they have signed up to a web hosting package.
5. This WordPress course is for beginners without web hosting. If you already have a domain you must get in touch and let us know after signing up to your web hosting package. The nameservers will need to be pointed from your domain to your web hosting otherwise you will not be able to use your website on the day.
6. Participants in the WordPress Course must be prepared to learn WordPress and use plugins mentioned.
7. Participants are obliged to be attentive, listen carefully and follow the steps rather than asking questions during the course. There will be a Q&A session and you will have ample opportunity then, bearing in mind there are others who are also interested in asking questions.
8. Luckywebs will not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by participants for taking part in the the WordPress course or causing damage to the venue. No travel expenses will be paid or refunded.
9. Participants must follow the instructions of the tutor during the Course. If participants want to leave the Workshop before it ends, they must notify the tutor.
10. Where your conduct is unacceptable (in Luckywebs’s reasonable opinion), we reserve the right to request that you leave the WordPress course.
11. You will own the web hosting you sign up to and also the website you create on the day.
12. Please ensure that you have the right to use the images and content (either material you have created yourself, or freely licenced creations such as that hosted on WikiCommons or supported by Creative Commons).
13. Participants in the WordPress courses will be required to leave a review of their experience of the course on the Luckywebs Facebook page as a post, as a review on the review section and also on the Luckywebs Google+ page. Photos will also be taken during the course of the attendees.
14. Photos of the attendees as well as the reviews written by attendees may be selected to be published on the Luckywebs website and its respective social media, email marketing and display ad channels. However, Luckywebs is under no obligation to include any of the attendees’ photos or reviews.
15. You hereby grant Luckywebs a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your photos and reviews in electronic format (including on Luckywebs websites and social media sites) and hard copy for purposes connected with the WordPress Course (including as set out in paragraph 11 above), and to adapt the photographs to enable such publication (including to crop or otherwise edit it for such purposes).
17. Luckywebs accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of participating in the WordPress courses (including the 1-day and 2-day courses).
18. Luckywebs disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your camera or other possessions relating to or resulting from participation in the WordPress Courses.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Luckywebs under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
20. Luckywebs reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this WordPress course with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Luckywebs in all matters relating to the WordPress Course is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Luckywebs shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to the WordPress courses where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Introductory WordPress Course is quite literally for every startup who are in a position to invest time in creating their own website, be it a holding page or the initial 5 pages. Leave with a 5-page website by the end of the day. Pay nothing apart from the 3rd party web hosting package which you need to host your WordPress website either way.
For beginners this introductory WordPress Course will be an eye opener. Watch the video testimonials to see why attending this course is best decision you will ever make to begin your website journey.
I have been running this introductory WordPress Course at several venues long enough to realise just how helpful it is for complete beginners. I have had attendees come up to me afterwards and tell me that they have paid between £95 to £145 for an introductory WordPress course and didn’t learn as much as they had in my course.
When I asked them individually why they benefitted more from the Luckywebs introductory WordPress course they said:
“Because you called me and guided me through the web hosting set up process, helped me choose a domain which was free of charge and install WordPress. Then on the day I followed your steps which was easy to follow, answered most of my questions and at the end of the course I had a 5-page website! Not to mention saved myself £65 because thanks to you I received a free domain and a premium theme worth £6o!.”
If you’re reading this and you haven’t completed the form above, do it now and we will get in touch with you shortly if your application is accepted.
Free WordPress Course
Few reasons why this is free to begin with:
- Not fair to charge beginners on how to set up and manage their own website
- You need to sign up for your web hosting (£55 investment for the entire year – includes a domain)
- It’s always a mixed group where some are fast and some are slow – patience is required
- We answer every single question – unless you’re the same person asking all the questions!
- As you are expected to bring your own laptop and none is provided.
Free WordPress Courses in London
We ran free WordPress courses across several venues:
- Google Campus
- London College of Fashion
- Brent Civic Centre (Wembley Library)
- City Business Library
- Kensington Central Library
- Portobello Business Centre
- Paddington Library
- Queenspark Library
- Westbourne Studios
Questions about the course? Email Rafi at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick reply! Otherwise complete the form below to attend the next free talk!